Digital Leaders are children with a passion for technology who want to share their knowledge with others and promote the use of all things digital throughout the school. Being a Digital Leader is a fantastic opportunity within school to take on responsibility, learn new skills and develop and demonstrate leadership skills. Pupils apply to be a Digital Leader within Years 3 to 6 for the role within their classroom.
What can digital leaders do?
- Fetch and set up laptops and tablets – ensuring these are kept charged.
- Report broken or malfunctioning equipment.
- Lead areas of Safer Internet Day.
- Offer in-class support to teachers and children.
- Feed into whole school decisions about future development of technology –when applicable.
- Review apps and software and make recommendations to their teacher.
- Demonstrate how to access homework in Purple Mash to their class.
- Help other children to log into Purple Mash.
- Assist teachers and other pupils in understanding 2Code.
- Test out new Purple Mash tools when they are released.
- Show teachers, children and parents how to make the most of the Purple Mash tools.
- Complete the Purple Mash Digital Leader challenges, set on Purple Mash.